By identifying pollutant gases and particles in real time, the new AQT530 sensor advances Vaisala’s offering to improve decision-making and empower stakeholders in urban communities around the world.
Vaisala, a global leader in weather, environmental, and industrial measurement, today announced the availability of its best-in-class air quality sensor and monitoring solution, which is cost-effective, scalable, accurate, and easy-to-set-up – putting cities in control of air quality decisions.
Vaisala’s new AQT530 sensor can be connected to customer’s own system or to Vaisala’s innovative weather and environmental intelligence platform. When paired with Vaisala Beacon Weather Station and Wx Beacon UI for measurement data, stakeholders also gain access to additional key weather parameters, plus connectivity to transfer, manage, and visualize all of the data.
“Air pollution is a major environmental risk to health, yet 91% of the world’s population lives in areas where the World Health Organization (WHO) deems the quality of air to be below acceptable,” said Samuli Hänninen, Vice President, Products & Technologies, Weather and Environment, Vaisala. “By providing trustworthy insights, our solution helps mitigate the adverse effects of air pollution to make city air more breathable and enable proactive environmental stewardship.”
The new Vaisala offering delivers superior data and insights, resulting in empowered governments, businesses, and citizens. It provides a clear picture of air quality conditions and enhances situational awareness to improve lives in communities across the world.
Vaisala’s air quality monitoring solution benefits include:
- Accurate and reliable measurement of top-priority pollutants – AQT530 proactively measures nitrogen dioxide (NO2), nitric oxide (NO), ozone (O3), and carbon monoxide (CO), as well as PM2.5 and PM10 particulate matter.
- Intelligent algorithms – Proprietary advanced algorithms compensate for the impact of ambient conditions.
- Easy installation, deployment, and maintenance – Installation is quick and cost-effective. Plus, intelligent humidity management improves the lifetime of electrochemical cells
- Unprecedented data security – Provides unparalleled data protection and integrity.
- Comprehensive 24/7 reporting – Measurement data is sent wirelessly to a web-based database with a gateway solution or is available to local systems through open APIs, driving down exposure to pollution hotspots.
- A holistic, integrated solution – Includes air quality and weather sensors, network connectivity, cloud-based data storage, APIs, and data visualization.
With 85 years of scientific leadership and innovation, Vaisala’s accredited offerings provide communities across the world and beyond – from the North Pole to the South Pole and even on Mars – with dependable intelligence that stakeholders can confidently act on to make better decisions. Vaisala’s spirit of partnership, world-class service, and proven capabilities have earned the trust of leaders in more than 150 countries across the globe.
For more information about AQT530 and Vaisala’s other offerings please visit www.vaisala.com.
More information for the media
Kendra Westerkamp, MAPRagency
Tel. +1 720 261 2300
Vaisala is a global leader in weather, environmental, and industrial measurements. Building on 85 years of experience, Vaisala provides observations for a better world, with space-proof technology even exploring Mars and beyond. We are a reliable partner for customers around the world, offering a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs over 1,900 professionals worldwide and is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange.